Sunday, August 2, 2009

Co-curricular activities




My Co-curricular activities

I am an active participant in co-curricular activities, I like to join CCAs and I believe that this could help us to release stress by doing something fun after a busy day.

Art club: Therefore in primary school, I joined art club during that time, drawing is an interest which I had in me as I am able express my imaginations and creativeness in a picture. This allows me to feel satisfied with myself after I had done a nice piece of art work.


Display Band:

While in secondary school, I decided to join something new and I joined the school display band. In the band, I played clarinet. I was the sectional leader of my clarinet section. During the second year in band, I was nominated as a band major in the band. I also participated in numerous school and public performances, such as, the Chingay Parade at Jurong and the Brass Band Festival 5 in 2005. With this position, it allows me to take part in many leadership camp such as outward bound School (OBS) and Non- Commissioned Officer (NCO) camp. These camps taught me a lot of leadership skills and I learnt how to interact and bond with people from other schools. With all this experience from camp, I lead my school’s display band with strength of 100 members for SYF display band competition in 2006. That was the second time which my band took part in SYF competition, and we won silver. I have a great experience leading the band and learning many skills and values along the way.
In recognition of my contribution to the school, i got the Eagles Award in 2006.

These picture is taken during the SYF competition.



Marching under the scorching hot sun.




This is during the band NCO camp, where we got to know band majors from different schools.

Dance sport club: Currently in Ngee Ann poly, my CCA is dance sport. I didn’t continue by joining band as my CCA because I would like to experience new things. I have been dancing in npds (Ngee Ann dance sport) for 1 year plus. In this CCA, we learnt many different types of Latin dances such as cha cha, rumba, jive, samba and Paso doble, taught by professional Latin dancers Melvin and Sharon whom won second in the dance floor competition. In this 1 year plus, I took part in SGDF( Singapore dance sport federation) competition and also participated in many performance in different places such as iguana golf club, takashimaya, in school open house etc.


These are the members of Ngee Ann Dancesport club.



The performance during CCA fiesta.




Performance at takashimaya.


Performance at Iguana golf club

All this experience allows me to learn many things such as the skills in dancing, perseverance, determination and confidence. As Latin dancing is a partner dance, we got to learn how to communicate with our partner well, learn how to solve conflicts between partners and improve on the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment